Essential oils are steam-distilled, highly concentrated extracts of plant parts like seeds, flowers, fruit, leaves, roots, stems, and more. They are aromatherapy and offer you relaxation.
They have risen in popularity with our fast-paced lives. You might wonder why it is popular and how to use them. Fret not; this blog covers it all. You’ll also know the major essential oils and what they can do for you. Plus, you’ll know where to buy essential oils.
What are Essential Oils?
As mentioned above, essential oils are concentrated extracts from plant parts. These oils have proved to be amazing psychotherapy and aromatherapy.
However, this effect varies from person to person. If you are someone who doesn’t like the smell of a specific plant part, you won’t have any psychological impact.
In contrast, if you love scents, inhalation of essential oils can prove beneficial to you. Here are some benefits of essential oils:
- They get rid of sleeplessness
- They arouse emotions and nostalgia to calm you
- Essential oils relax you and relieve you of aches
- It subdues your anxiety
- You also get essential oils for skin whitening
While these benefits can be derived from essential oils, note that they are not medication. They are not critical for medical well-being and are not covered by insurance. Plus, essential oils should be used only in combination with medication under the supervision of your physician.
Safety of Essential Oils
Before getting into how to use essential oils and common essential oil’s properties, you might wonder if they are safe.
Most essential oils are safe to use. Even low-quality oils with synthetic oils are safe to use; only their effects will be diminished. However, everything has a flip side, and essential oils do too. So, avoid the risks by following the tips below:
- Ingest essential oils only under supervision.
- Test the oil on your skin before using it, should you choose to do that.
- Tread with caution if you have children around.
- Be aware of the side effects of essential oils.
- Consult an aromatherapist to guide you on the essential oils and their properties. They’ll tell you what’s right for you.
Essential oils, while therapeutical, affect each person differently. Note that if one oil doesn’t work for you, you can find another.
How to use Essential Oils?
Essential oils are scented, beautiful, and offer plentiful benefits. But, how to use them to derive their benefits? You can use them in the following ways:
Dilution to apply them on your skin
You can apply essential oils to your skin by diluting them with aloe vera gel, a lotion, coconut oil, or other barrier substances. You can also use it in your bath with dilution to absorb it in your skin and feel its relief-giving properties.
Aromatherapists recommend applying diluted essential oils to the bottom of your feet, top of your arms, behind the ears, on the neck, wrist, and more can provide you great results. Plus, it’ll give you instant relief and relaxation.
Diffuse for inhalation
You can also use essential oils by using water-based or waterless diffusers. Inhalation of essential oils can give you instance aromatherapy if you love the scent.
You can mix an essential oil with water and light a candle to diffuse the aroma. Or you can get waterless diffusers like a nebulizer or a motor-powered fan which are portable, affordable, and convenient. The waterless diffusers are perfect for immunocompromised people and will reduce their risk of catching water-borne diseases.
Inhalation of essential oils can be soothing, and it helps you to sleep too. So, invest in a diffuser to get the benefits of inhaling essential oils.
Common Essential Oils and their properties
It might help you to know some of the common essential oils and their healing properties. Here’s the list of essential oils:
- Chamomile- Will help relieve symptoms of cold, nausea, and fever
- Eucalyptus- Ensures it helps relieve pain and decongestion
- Lemon- This helps in disinfecting your home
- Lavender- Gives you relaxation and calming effect to help you sleep
- Rosemary- Alleviates joint pain and boosts hair and skin health
- Peppermint- Helps to prevent flu, colds and boosts your energy
- Oregano- This essential oil has skin healing properties
- Clove- The essential oil for your dental health and to relieve pain
- Bergamot- Is an anxiety reducer and heals your skin
Ensure you buy authentic, branded, certified, and pure essential oils from a natural essential oil company to derive its benefits wholly.
Essential oils are steam-distilled or cold-pressed extracts from plant parts. They can prove extremely therapeutic and relaxing if you know the right oil for you and how to use them.
This blog gives you tips on using essential oils and the common essential oils with their healing properties. You can procure high-quality, 100% pure, and organic essential oils from a natural essential oil company, Lavinty.
Lavinty has a variety of essential oils, including Lime, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Thyme, Bergamot, Clove, and more. Their products are pure, natural, and soothing. Plus, you’ll find blogs on their website further enlightening you about essential oils. Lavinty gives you online skin care essential oils too.
So, indulge yourself in the therapeutic world of essential oils and relax.